International students seeking a high school diploma and who regularly attend a Christian Science Sunday School are invited to apply to Principia's Upper School (grades 9–12).
Important Application Dates
- September 4, 2023 Pre-application opens
- November 19, 2023 Pre-application closes
- January 11, 2024 Final deadline for those invited to complete the application and Tuition Assistance
- April 2, 2024 Decision letters posted
Step 2 - Complete the "Start an Application" form. This "Pre-application" step needs to be completed and documents uploaded by parents no later than November 19, 2023*.
* Important: Please begin with the English Assessment Test of your choice to see if your child is eligible to apply.
Step 3 - Only those who qualify will be invited to complete the application and tuition assistance, if needed.
Step 4 - Only applicants that qualify will be invited to a virtual school visit.
Step 5 - Only applicants that qualify will be invited to interviews.
Step 6 - If admitted**, student visa documentation will be provided by Principia to parents for a visa appointment in their home country.
**Conditional on obtaining visa.
Step 7 - Student is officially enrolled only once student visa is granted and uploaded.
Step 8 - Required legal & medical documentation must be completed prior to arrival on campus.
- A 2.5 minimum core grade-point average (GPA on a four-point scale) is required.
- An English proficiency assessment test result is required with minimum scores with one of the following:
- 90 for incoming 9th & 10th graders
- 100 for incoming 11th & 12th graders
- TOEFL iBT
- 59 for incoming 9th & 10th graders
- 72 for incoming 11th & 12th graders
- Students who will turn 19 years old prior to July of their 12th grade year are not eligible for admission.
Applications are given careful consideration with emphasis on academics, citizenship, and commitment to Christian Science.
Please note: Parents/legal guardians are the only individuals authorized to complete applications, forms and any other documentation.
The following items are required to complete the application:
- Birth certificate
- Duolingo or TOEFL iBT exams must be taken before November 19, 2023
- Two years of completed academic transcripts/grade reports
- Academic examinations/certifications
- Upon offer of admission, official TB test results
Parents of applicants are required to cover these costs:
Application Fee ($50)
Tuition, room, board, and fees not covered by tuition assistance
I-901 Sevis Fee ($350) prior to visa appointment
International flights to and from Principia
Money for personal items, school supplies, uniforms, casual clothing, and social activities
Duolingo or TOEFL iBT, TB test, or visa-related expenses (e.g., application, interview)
Required health insurance
Medical expenses incurred
A completed tuition assistance application should be submitted at the same time as the admissions application.
- Do you have to be a Christian Scientist to be an international boarding student at Principia School?
- What grade level does the international boarding program begin?
- When does your academic year start and end?
- If I have applied in the past, do I need to start a new application?
- If I have already applied for my child, do I need to start another parent account?
- Which grade should my child apply for?
- How long is an English proficiency test result eligible for?
- What constitutes an "official" document?
- If I'm having questions or technical difficulty, whom should I reach out to?
- How should I prepare for a Principia School virtual interview?
- Where can I find the Tuition Assistance form and when is it due?
- Once I receive my decision letter, how long before I receive my student visa?
- If the visa appointment date is later than the school start date, what should I do?
If you have questions about admission to Principia Upper School, email School Admissions.
Principia admits eligible, diploma-seeking students able to fully participate in our dynamic learning community. Students who turn 19 prior to July 1 of their senior year are ineligible for admission. Transfer students need to acquire sufficient credits to meet graduation requirements. Applicants must be free from the use of alcohol, tobacco, vaping, and illegal substances of any type and from engagement in premarital sexual activities. Principia administers all programs without regard to gender, race, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We appreciate and celebrate diversity and individuality throughout our student body.