International students seeking a high school diploma and who regularly attend a Christian Science Sunday School are invited to apply to Principia's Upper School (grades 9–12).
- A 2.5 minimum core grade-point average (GPA on a four-point scale) is required.
- The "Test of English as a Foreign Language" (English proficiency assessment) is required with minimum scores with one of the following:
- Duolingo (90 for incoming freshmen/sophomores and 100 for incoming juniors/seniors)
- TOEFL iBT (59 for incoming freshmen/sophomores and 72 for incoming juniors/seniors)
- Students who will turn 19 years old prior to July of their 12th-grade year are not eligible for admission.
Applications are given careful consideration with emphasis on academics, citizenship, and commitment to Christian Science.
Along with the completed application form, the following items are required:
- Birth certificate
- Duolingo or TOEFL iBT
- Academic transcripts/grade reports
- Academic examinations/certifications
- Three academic recommendations
- Two Christian Science recommendations
- Interviews (in person or via Zoom)
- Official TB test results (upon offer of admission)
Applicants are expected to cover these costs:
Application Fee ($50)
Any outstanding balance for tuition, room, board, and fees not covered by tuition assistance
International flights to and from Principia
Money for personal items, school supplies, uniforms, casual clothing, and social activities
Duolingo or TOEFL iBT, TB test, or visa-related expenses (e.g., application, interview)
Health insurance (required)
A completed tuition assistance application should be submitted at the same time as the admissions application.
Important Application Dates
- Thank you for considering a Principia education for your child, the international application process is now closed for the 2023-24 academic year. Applications will reopen starting July 1st2023 for the 2024-25 academic school year.
- Duolingo or TOEFL iBT exams must be taken by the end of December in order to meet our application deadline for the following year.
- Duolingo: Register at at https://englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants and select "Principia School"
- TOEFL iBT: Please use Principia's school code: 1964. Register at https://www.ets.org/toefl/test-takers/ibt/take/locations-dates.
If you have questions about admission to Principia Upper School, email School Admissions.
Principia admits eligible, diploma-seeking students able to fully participate in our dynamic learning community. Students who turn 19 prior to July 1 of their senior year are ineligible for admission. Transfer students need to acquire sufficient credits to meet graduation requirements. Applicants must be free from the use of alcohol, tobacco, vaping, and illegal substances of any type and from engagement in premarital sexual activities. Principia administers all programs without regard to gender, race, color, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We appreciate and celebrate diversity and individuality throughout our student body.