Whole Man Leadership Award
The Whole Man Leadership scholarship is for students choosing to participate in our boarding program and covers the cost of Upper School tuition and room charges. It does not cover the cost of boarding meals or fees. The award focuses on three key areas: the study and practice of Christian Science, leadership, and commitment to growth in all areas of Principia’s “whole man” education.
Applicants must be new candidates for admission to any grade in Upper School and must board during the time they have the scholarship.
Applicants must exemplify the following criteria:
- strong interest in practicing Christian Science
- strong record of academic achievement
- demonstrated leadership and service within their peer group and community
- participation in extracurricular activities such as music, scouting, athletics, student government, etc. (The level of achievement in these activities is not as important as participation.)
- willingness to contribute measurably and positively to the atmosphere and quality of life in the dorm and at school
- commitment to growth—spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical, and social
How to Apply
All new Upper School applicants are automatically considered based on the admissions application. We encourage thoughtful and thorough responses to application questions and best work on the admissions essay.
When the Admissions Committee identifies a candidate for the Whole Man Leadership Award, the applicant is invited to interview with the committee by phone. The award is determined following the interview.
In order to maintain the scholarship in subsequent years, each recipient will be assessed on the following criteria:
- a cumulative, minimum GPA of 3.0 must be maintained
- high citizenship standards and adherence to student conduct expectations as outlined in the application commitment
- an essay answering the question: What positive impact have you made on Principia this year?
- a thank you note expressing gratitude for the scholarship and describing what it has meant to you
Please note: A boarding student who has been awarded the Whole Man Scholarship but later chooses to become a day student, will be no longer eligible for the award. Regular tuition rates will apply.
The renewal application deadline is February 15.
Fall 24-25 Admissions applications are due April 1, 2023, and scholarship awards are available only to those who apply by the April 1 deadline.
Admissions applications will be evaluated, and awards determined, in the order in which applications are received.